Sunday, January 20, 2008

Being Correct


Today I did something that I rarely do, predict the correct teams to go to the super bowl. Its no surprise the Pats and going, but I took a lot of criticism for picking the New York Giants. The Giants missed a field goal in regulation for the win, but Brett Favre's pick early in overtime gave the kicker another shot. The kicker made a 47 yard try (the longest in Lambeau history) to seal the win and give the "other" Manning something to be proud of. By the way the temperature was at -2 degrees most of the game, NO THANKS. Pretty sure I would scalp my tickets in about 2 seconds, call me a fair weather fan I guess.

South Carolina went to McCain last night with 33 percent, and Huckabee took 30 percent, not a bad showing but he needs to start winning some states.

Tomorrow is Martin Luther King Day, apart from me going to see the Blazers play the Hawks and an extra day off from school, it is a day we choose to honor the life of a great man thats morals and ideals helped change our country for the better. Dr. King wanted everyone to live together in harmony and love just as the bible explains we should.

My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. John 15:12

One thing I would like to do in my life is not be so judging of others and try to treat everyone respectfully and fairly. I hope everyone uses tomorrow to sometime think about how much better the world would be if this was the case.

No comments: